Monday, July 7, 2014

Book: Don't Waste your Life

I read this book when it first came out. I don't remember much detail, but I did remember the passion John Piper wanted to convey: Make the First Things First, Don't waste your Life!

Today an elder brother sent me an email asking for comment. It was a "chicken soup for the soul" style ppt - beautiful pictures plus philosophical sayings about the freedom in old ages. While responding to him, John Piper's book came to my mind. Piper gave an example of a retired couple excitedly describing their dream life - boat and beach, live care-free. It probably is a retirement dream for so many. Yet in the eyes of truth, it is wasting life away.

As I was looking for the book intro to send to the elder brother, happily found out that the book is available free from John Piper's website. So I'll share it here.  Hope it will give you a boost to a more passionately lived life that's not wasted.

http://cdn.desiringgod.org/pdf/books_dwyl/dwyl_full.pdf


No comments:

Post a Comment